Leadership Development Intern (Atlanta)
Hajoca Corporation—Developing Entrepreneurs—since 1858
Are you competitive, driven and goal-oriented?
Do you like to interact with people and build relationships?
Have you ever wanted to run your own business?
The Southeast Region of Hajoca has a twelve week paid rotational internship opportunity in a fast paced environment. Interns will receive hands-on experience in every aspect of wholesale distribution and be coached by experienced mentors. The internship is spent in a profit center, learning the logistics and operations side of the business. This is done by performing shipping and receiving functions, deliveries, etc. After that the intern will then be exposed to the sales side of the business by interacting with customers and vendors in counter sales, inside sales and outside sales.
During the final four weeks interns will devote some of their time to a special project to further test and hone their operational, sales and service skills. While still under the supervision and instruction of their mentor, this project challenges interns to think critically and solve real life problems faced everyday by industry professionals. The project will be assigned by the profit center manager and be applicable to the location and needs of the team.
We operate in a dynamic, $50 billion growth industry. The Texas Region of Hajoca is looking to triple our sales and grow to 73 locations by 2024. Our decentralized structure demands we employ the very best management and sales teams. To find out more about our development program, leadership opportunity, unique business model, and core values, visit our Texas Region Careers website at www.HajocaCareersTexas.com
Qualifications for our selective internship program include:
• A Bachelor's Degree is required to be considered for the program
• GPA of 3.0
• An ability and willingness to work in all areas in the region applied (may require relocation)
• A strong desire to lead a team and run your own business
• Experience leading teams, groups, clubs, or sports teams
• Demonstrated leadership skills in professional, educational, and/or social experiences
• Above average intelligence
• Goal-orientation, a competitive spirit, and a take-charge attitude
• The ability to perform a wide-range of tasks, with an equal blend of interpersonal and analytical skills
• Entry-level work experience in people or project supervision, sales, operations, and/or customer service is a plus.
Hajoca Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EOE and M/F/Disability/Veterans.) We are a drug free workplace, with pre-employment drug screening required. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.